Maintaining indoor air quality is essential to a healthy home. Even though you can’t see what’s hiding inside your ducts, they could be housing things like mould, fungus, pet hair, construction debris, food, small toys and other debris. As a result, the air you’re inhaling at home could be unclean, and the dirt and dust will restrict your HVAC system from working efficiently. This restriction may cause you to use more energy to heat or cool your home.
When should you get your ducts cleaned?
Consider duct cleaning if you have:
- A musty/burning smell when you turn on your furnace for the first time
- Family members with allergies or asthma
- Pets, young children, or several people living under one roof
- Recently moved into a new home or completed renovations
- Or recently installed a new furnace or central air conditioner
Clean air ducts can improve the efficiency and air quality of your home.
What are the benefits?
- Increased efficiency: Having your ducts cleared of any debris can help your entire system work more efficiently. Clean ducts mean that your furnace or air conditioner don’t need to work as hard to circulate air in your home. If you have your furnace cleaned alongside your ducts, it will help to improve its efficiency as well.
- Cleaner indoor air: Removing excessive amount of dust, debris or mold from your air duct system can lead to increased air quality in your home, which may reduce airborne allergies or irritants for you and your family.
- Save on utility and repair costs: With fewer airborne contaminants filtered through the HVAC system, and less work required for your HVAC equipment to run, you can avoid calling us as often for furnace repairs.